EAI International Conference on Smart Grids for Smart Cities
SGSC 2015 is collocated with Smart City 360 Summit
Follow us on Twitter!
Final program announced, click here.
The SGSC 2015 conference will include multiple keynote talks from leading experts in industry and academia. The organizing committee is pleased to announced that John D. McDonald has confirmed as the first keynote speaker.
The SGSC conference focuses on utilizing new ideas and technologies in the field of smart grid to make our urban environment more sustainable, increasing quality of life and efficiency of urban infrastructure, operation, services, and competitiveness while meeting the needs of present and future generations with respect to economic, social and environmental aspects in smart cities.
This year, SGSC 2015 will be collocated with Smart City 360 Summit 2015 at Toronto, Canada, during October 13-16, and dedicated to the role of energy innovations in urban environment, and research and development on sustainable smart city ecosystems. Latest outcome of these enabling technologies will offer new opportunities for policy-makers, research institutes and business to learn, share, and collect experience and best smart grid practices to plan and operate sustainable urban communities. Scientific results, design concepts, new solutions, new smart grid applications, and case studies will be presented.
Topics of interest:
The focus in this conference is on the smart grid development challenges in urban environments to address smart grid and energy issues that arise more often (or in a more challenging way) in smart cities. Accordingly, topics of interest include but are not limited to the following:
1. City wide Smart Grid Testbeds and Field-Trials
2. Smart Grid and Urban Transportation
3. Smart Grid and Urban Water and Waste Water Infrastructure
4. Smart Grid and Urban Communication Infrastructure
5. Smart Grid and Urban and Community Planning
6. Smart Grid and Urban Emergency and Disaster Recovery
7. Smart Grid and Security and Privacy Challenges
8. Renewable Power Generation in Urban Environments
9. Smart Grid Co-Simulation for Smart City Development
- The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organization devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of Smart Cities, ICT and e-Health and will be co-located with the Smart City 360 Summit.
- Participation in this event will give attendees the unique opportunity to be exposed to all technical scientific aspects of Smart City related topic areas at co-located conferences, as well as be able to have full access to the Smart City market place and business aspects in practice at the Smart City 360 Summit.
- Best Papers will be considered for publication in the ACM/Springer Mobile Networks and Applications Journal (MONET).
- All accepted papers will be published by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world's largest scientific libraries. Best papers will be invited to publish also in the EAI Endorsed Transactions on Ubiquitous Environments.